ABE BAILEY TRAVEL BURSARY 2019
REQUEST FOR NOMINATIONS
Applications are invited from senior students (third year and above) or staff members of junior lecturer status who are academically strong and have shown exceptional qualities of leadership and service, with a good track record not only on campus but also in a wider social context and who are able to function as part of a select and highly skilled group. Applicants should be South African nationals with a valid passport and aged 25 or less at the start of the tour.
The travel bursary will be to the United Kingdom for the period 24th November to 21st December 2019. Applicants are required to submit the following documentation:
- A personal letter of motivation as to why he/she is applying for the bursary
- A current CV
- Three letters of reference, none older than three years
- Certified copies of ID, matric certificate and university academic record
- Certified copies of school and university merit/achievement certificates (limited to five)
- Details of leadership roles in the community, at school and at university (attach certified copies of certificates)
The closing date for applications at the University is FRIDAY, 10th MAY 2019. All completed applications must be submitted to Mrs K Hermann, Financial Aid Office, S514 Fifth Floor, Clinpath Building X4622. No incomplete and late applications will be accepted.
Academic staff members are requested to assist in identifying students who meet the requirements above and to bring this information to the attention of those students.
For further information, please contact Mrs K Hermann
For more details, please follow the link below: