To be the benchmark institution providing holistic health sciences education that meets the health needs of the individual, the family, the community and the population.
- Provide high-quality primary health care-oriented health sciences research, education and services.
- Deploy educational approaches that include evidence-based methods for curriculum development and delivery that are rooted in the community.
- Promote interdisciplinary research, education and skills training that recognizes the cross-disciplinary nature of holistic health care provision.
- Produce a cadre of health professionals with the transformative leadership capacity to identify, analyse and address the health needs of the individual, the family, the community and the population.
- Create an environment that supports innovation and harnesses the power of new technologies to address the health needs of the community.
This mission will be achieved through strengthening of human resources and research capacity, improved physical infrastructure and improved recruitment and selection of both students and staff.