The Skills Centre came into operation in January 2010. Simulators, manikins and equipment have since been acquired and programmes for skills teaching in simulation have been established for students from a variety of health professions.
This learning centre endeavours the provision of quality skills training programmes for students of all health care disciplines by:
- Maintaining a safe, supportive and well-resourced environment using the most relevant equipment and evidence based learning programmes.
- Designing and disseminating innovative methods of learning, teaching and assessment.
Our teaching and learning strategies include:
- integration of theory and practice
- hands-on practise by students
- individual supervision & feedback on performance
- authentic simulation, especially hybrid simulations using simulators and simulated/standardised patients
- inter-professional learning experiences