6 September 2018
For Immediate Release
Re: SMU 2018 Health Workers Update (Refresher Course)
Members of the media are kindly invited to SMU 2018 health workers update (Refresher Course), which will be held from Friday, 7 September to Sunday 9 September 2018, at the CSIR International Convention Centre, in Pretoria, commencing at 8h30.
The refresher course is an annual conference which is organised by the department of cardiology to give health professionals an opportunity to learn from specialists in the various fields to keep abreast of latest trends in the health care sector.
The health workers update is accredited by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA) and at the end of the course, the attendees will be awarded Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Points.
Illustrious speakers have been lined up to address the following absorbing topics:
- Prof Goolam Mohamed – Update on Asthma Management
- Dr M Mukansi – What is new in Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Management
- Dr D Spencer – HIV Update
- Dr B Mashiloane – When to dialyse and when to choose conservative management
- Prof D S Magazi – Tips on headache management
- Dr Olwolch – When is Epistaxis an Emergency
- Prof Olivier – How to avoid blindness
- Dr E M Moshokoa- The stigma of “impotence”
- Dr Z Nene- The stigma of a “Barren Uterus”
- Dr Z Makhathini-Pre-and Post HIV exposure prophylaxis
- Dr N Mnguni- What is good ethical practice
- Prof G A Ogunbanjo- When is “termination of life” or assisted death”
- Prof Z Koto- Laparoscopic surgical intervention: the pearls of wisdom
- Prof G Lindeque – How to avoid misdemeanours
- Mr N Ramuthaga/Ms T Sebata- Clinical trials in private practice
NB. The copy of the programme is attached to the media invite, for your perusal.
Released by the SMU Marketing & Communication
Contact Dr Eric Pule, the Director, Marketing & Communication
Phone 012 521 4563