About Financial Aid
About Financial Aid
Financial Aid Office (FAO) strives to render excellent, efficient, professional and a friendly service to students. FAO offers students an opportunity to access tertiary education, though not all students qualify for financial aid assistance as it is granted on the basis of certain financial and academic criteria. Students who are needy and have academic potential are urged to collect application forms and apply for financial aid at the FAO.
Services provided at the FAO include: Merit Bursaries
As a first year student, you qualify to receive a merit bursary, if you are studying towards your first degree, for the first time after passing grade 12. An average mark of 70% or higher in your grade 12 final examination to qualify for the bursary.
The 70% average is calculated as follows:
- The old curriculum, matriculation certificate, add the percentages of six best (6) of the final exam results and divide by six (6).
- On the new curriculum, senior certificate, add the percentage of all subjects (excluding Life Orientation) and divide by the number of those subjects.
IKATISONG SCHOOL OF GOVERNANCE: BURSARY ADVERTISEMENT FOR 2019/20 FINANCIAL YEAR
Invitation for full time bursary applications: 2019 Academic Year
Applications should be submitted to the University between 7 and 8 January 2019. Completed forms must be handed to Mrs Ansie J van Rensburg at the Financial Aid Office in the Sports Complex, no late applications will be accepted.
More details, please follow this link: https://www.feenix.org/
Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries Bursary Awards For 2019
The Department of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (DAFF) intends to award comprehensive bursaries to qualifying applicants pursuing and/or intending to further their studies in critical scarce skills in the agricultural, forestry and fisheries sectors for the 2019 academic year. The bursary will cover tuition, accommodation, books, meals and monthly allowance. The bursary awards target the previously disadvantaged and impoverished persons from poverty-stricken and rural communities.
Closing Date: 30 September 2018
2018 BURSARY FUND ADVERT
NSFAS Consent Form: Application for Financial Assistance to Study at a Public University for 2018
|NSFAS Consent Form: Application for Financial Assistance to Study at a Public University for 2018|
|First time entering students who did not apply for NSFAS last year but have been admitted to study at the University in 2018 are required to complete the consent form and submit it with all supporting documentation (certified copies of ID’s, proof of income, etc.) as per NSFAS criteria to the Financial Aid Office. The closing date for submission of application forms is 28 February 2018.
To download the form, please for this link: NSFAS Consent Form
National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) Loans
Supporting documentation required for application:
- Certified copy of Identity Document (ID) document /passport of student/mother/father/guardian/wife/husband.
- Original/certified copy of pays lips /pension slip for both parents/guardian/spouse (these should not be older than three  months).
- In case of deceased parents, attach certified death certificates.
- If parents are divorced, attach a copy of the decree of divorce.
- If parents/guardian/spouse are self-employed, attach a copy of the latest financial statement.
If parents are unemployed, attach sworn affidavits accompanied by a report from a social worker, religious leader/traditional leader or council.
- Proof of family income must be provided in all affidavits.
- If parents are married, attach marriage certificate.
If parents are separated, attach pay slips of both and an official letter from the social worker/religious leader confirming the separation.
- Certified copy of previous degree /diploma/certificate.
- If you are currently doing in-service training, attach pay-slip or provide the University with proof from your employer stating whether your study leave is paid or unpaid.
- ID copies/birth certificates/letters from school of other family members.
- Proof of registration for siblings at other tertiary institutions.
For enquiries, NSFAS brochures and more information on the above please visit the – Financial Aid Office or the NSFAS website: www.nsfas.org.za.
SA Bursaries (http://www.bursaries2017.co.za) is South Africa’s biggest bursary website. They are a free information source for students seeking tertiary funding.
Their aim is to provide a platform where students can gain access to ALL bursary opportunities throughout South Africa. They currently have over 300 bursaries in various fields of study, Engineering being the largest.
They also have more than 70 000 Facebook members (https://www.facebook.com/SouthAfricaBursaries/) whom they assist with any bursary related queries.
The platform can be beneficial to both prospective as well as existing SMU students who are in need of financial assistance.