About Alumni Relations Office
The office strives to broaden and strengthen constant communication with graduates via the establishment of Alumni Database. The office affords Alumni Association Members to network and re-connect with each other through Alumni chapters and events such as the Golf Day, Class Reunions, etc. The office also plays a fundamental role in supporting students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds through donations and sponsorship.
SMU Alumni objectives are to create database of alumni to support academic and research enterprise. To establish support for third-stream income through alumni’s influence and to impart knowledge, make schools and academic departments aware of the value of engaging with alumni, community and private organizations.
- Circulate communiques through the University communication platforms, such as website, student newspaper, social media and radio station.
- Planning, organizing and implementing Alumni events, according to their own programme, including purely social gatherings
- Have presence at Open Days, Orientation weeks and other university events that involve students
- The organization of institutional alumni events such as reunions
- Audit and Update database
- Conducts Alumni surveys
- Distribution of University Alumni Magazine
- Organising exco meetings and Alumni Annual general meetings (AGM),
- The implementation of an alumni giving campaign, including online giving facilities
- Establishment of regional chapters and sectors,
- Mobilising alumni to appoint or elect their representative who will serve in SMU council,
- Community Development, and
- Regular communication with Alumni and Convocation by means of the electronic newsletter, emails, sms, social media
Ms Winnie Marishane
Marketing and Communication Department
Clinical Pathology Building 5th Floor, Office S515