The Health and Welfare SETA, invite applications from registered employed (part-time), and unemployed (full-time) South African students pursuing Postgraduate Diploma/Honours/B-Tech, M-Tech/Masters, D-Tech/Doctoral and Post-Doctoral studies at South African universities and other accredited higher education and training institutions.
While other areas of study within the sector will be considered; preference will be given to majors / streams and research focus that fall within the following priority areas:
- Veterinary Sciences, Marine Aquaculture and Marine biology
- Nursing Sciences focus – Nursing Education, Health Professions Education, Mental Health Nursing, Maternal and Child Health, Community Health Nursing, Rural Health, and Primary Health Care;
- Social Work focus – Social Health Care, Occupational Social Work and Social Work (in Forensic Practice); Clinical Social Work, Child Protection Law and Play Therapy.
- Psychology focus – Counseling, Clinical, Forensic, Educational, and Community,
- Public Health focus – Clinical Epidemiology, Health Economics, Health Systems (Policy, Planning & Management), Medical Informatics, eHealth, Telemedicine, Biostatistics, Bioethics and Health Law (Medical Law);
- Mental Health focus – Forensic Mental health, Child-Adolescent and Adult Psychiatry, Public Mental Health and Community Psychiatry,
- Health sciences focus – Radiography, Audiology, Speech Language Therapy, Pharmacy, Optometry, Dentistry, and Physiotherapy,
- Medical Sociology, Environmental Sociology, Demography and Population studies;
- Environmental Health/Biology/Chemistry and Occupational Health and Safety;
- Social Welfare focus – Child and Youth Care, Social Services and Development, Poverty and Inequality, Disability care – Rehabilitation and Management,
A special consideration will be given to Honours students undertaking programmes, which will lead to scarce skills specializations, professional registration and licensing. Students with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Application process: Interested students must complete (type text by using Word) and sign an HWSETA postgraduate bursary application form attached, and submit in a pdf format no later than 26 July 2019. The application must include a proof of registration (a university stamped copy), draft research proposal (where applicable), motivation letter (1 page), required proposed budget (itemized) to complete the research project and a clear certified copy of the South African Identify Document.
- Applications must be submitted via email to:email@example.com.
- Enquiries may be directed to Ms. Jadah Matentji at firstname.lastname@example.org