LIBRARY & INFORMATION SERVICES
The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) library offers specialised and comprehensive health information services to the University’s students and staff in support of teaching, learning, research and community engagement. Information resources are available in all formats: print, multimedia and online. Our facilities include computer workstations, study spaces, discussion rooms and printing facilities. Wireless coverage ensures access to online resources with selected academic databases also accessible off campus.
Mon – Fri 07:30 – 16:00
EXTENDED HOURS (EXAMINATION PERIOD)
Mon – Fri 07:30 – 00:00
Sat 09:00 – 17:00
Sun 09:00 – 17:00
- Information Literacy training
- Interlibrary loans
- Study spaces
- Study cubicles
- Discussion rooms
- Training room
- Postgraduate and staff electronic room
- Undergraduate Lab
- Photocopying & Printing
- 24 Hour study facility
Please note the following:
- Library doors closes 15 minutes prior to closure time.
- The Library is closed on Sundays, Public and University Holidays.
- The library closes at 16:00 on any day preceding any Public/University Holiday.
- The Library is also closed on Saturdays when Friday or Monday is a Public/ University Holiday.