Library Frequently Asked Questions
What are Electronic Resources (e-Resources)?
- Electronic Resources are materials in digital format accessible electronically. e-Resources include electronic journals (e-journals), electronic books (e-books) and online databases.
How do I know which e-Resources our library subscribes to?
- Follow this link for the full list of Library-subscribed resources
How do I access library e-Resources?
- e-Resources may be accessed on-campus and remotely.
How do I access e-Resources remotely?
Two access methods are used for remote access
To register successfully, you need to use your institutional e-mail address as the username. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration. Alternatively, you may contact the Information Services department by emailing Duduzile Ntombela, Patrick Motiang and Pheleluca Mogashoa or Ext: 4642 or 3094.
- Registration on individual databases
Most databases have an option to register a personal profile.
What are the advantages of having such a profile?
This option allows you to personalize your searches, save content (from either searches or browse results), receive alerts and share information.
Why can’t I access all e-Resources remotely?
- Certain electronic resources may only be accessed on campus due to licensing agreements with vendors and publishers.
How do I know which e-Resources are accessible remotely?
- Database titles listed on the university website indicate the access status.
Why don’t I have access to full text articles on some of the resources I have selected?
- The library may not have a subscription to the resource.
- The subscription may have been cancelled with content limited to a specific date range.
Mon – Fri 07:30 – 16:00
EXTENDED HOURS (EXAMINATION PERIOD)
Mon – Fri 07:30 – 00:00
Sat 09:00 – 17:00
Sun 09:00 – 17:00