Final Selection, Admission and Registration of 2021
We would like to start off by thanking you for choosing to study at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) in 2021. As a way of keeping you informed of the developments in respect of timelines for final selection and admission decisions, and the registration activities for the 2021 academic year, kindly be informed that:
- Final selections will be made after the release of Grade 12 results on 23 February 2021.
- Applicants will be informed of the outcome of their applications through an email, phone or sms as and when decisions are made by the School Selection Committees
- Applicants can also check the status of their applications on the SMU website (using self-help portal).
- Successful applicants are expected to accept/decline their offers within three (3) days upon receipt of such an offer. Failure to accept an offer within three (3) days will result in the offer being given to another applicant because there are limited places available for all our academic programmes.
- Successful applicants will be given more information about registration and fees after they have accepted their study offers. Such information will also be made available on the University website.
- Successful applicants will, after being registered, be required to attend an online orientation programme where they will be informed of the University, its structures and important services available to students and other related matters. The details will be communicated to successful applicants by the Department of Marketing and Communication.
- The University receives more applications than the number of available spaces.
- Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission into the University programmes.
- There are limited places available in University residences and admission to study at SMU does not guarantee a place in either a University-owned or leased residence. The places are awarded on a first come, first served basis and the University is not obliged to provide a place in the residence.
- Late applications and/or walk-ins will NOT be allowed as the University has already received large volumes of applications for each of the programmes on offer.
- The selection of transfer applicants (within SMU and from other Universities) will take place from the 1st of March 2021, after the release of SMU results for the 2020 academic year.
- Except by invitation from the University, applicants should not come to the campus because of challenges related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Enquiries related to selection/admission/registration should be emailed to: email@example.com Applicants should write their names in full and use their student number in their correspondence with the University.
Telephonic enquiries related to selection/admission/registration should be directed to the following numbers: 012 521 4204/ 4319 /4644 /5057
Office of the Registrar
19 February 2021