Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University (SMU) is a newly established university providing holistic Health Sciences Education, and is situated at Ga-Rankuwa. One of SMU strategic goal focuses on “Building a foundation of excellence in research, teaching and learning and community engagement”
SMU is inviting postdoctoral fellowship positions in the following schools
- School of Health Care Sciences – HIV/AIDS and older persons, decolonization and Mental Health
- School of Pharmacy – Public health aspects of vaccinology, including antimicrobial stewardship
- School of Science and Technology – Biochemistry (Medicinal Plants / phytochemistry) and Physics (Condensed Matter Physics: Nanomaterials synthesis and characterization).
- School of Medicine – Microbiology (immunology)
The incumbents will be responsible to conduct research on an approved research niche under the supervision of an Established Researcher. Required to publish the research findings and assist in supervising and mentoring of postgraduate research. Incumbents will report to the Head of Department (HOD) and the Principal Investigator (PI): and must meet the following requirements listed below.
- South African citizen/ permanent South African residency, strong publication track record and experienced in postgraduates supervision
- Duration of the postdoctoral award is 2 years
To apply, please send an application letter, full curriculum vitae with a list of publications, certified copy of ID/ passport and a two-page summary of research interest to email@example.com. Closing date: 30th April 2021, late applications will not be considered.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Failure to submit the requested documents/information will result in your application not being considered. The University reserves the right not to make an award or make fewer awards.