ICT Student Technical Support Services
About ICT Student Technical Support Services
SMU ICT Computer Labs: Covid-19 Rules
The Sefako Makgatho Health Science University’s Information and Communication Technology (ICT) department provides tools, programs and solutions which are necessary to ensure that the university functions optimally. The primary objective of the department is to enhance the student experience with the provision of and access to, free WiFi in computer labs, residences, classrooms, cafeteria and in most areas in the university, student email as well as educational and statistical software.
The ICT Student Technical Support Services (STSS) office, located in Natural Sciences Building (NSB) next to the Van Schaik Bookstore is the central contact point for students. The service and support for students are the following:
- Management and administration of computer labs
- Setup of new students’ email, activation, password unlock and reset.
- Software and Hardware configuration
- Setup of Domain account, activation, password unlock and reset
- Setup and configuration of Wi-Fi services
- Setup and configuration of mobile devices services
- Setup and configuration of storage devices services
- Installation of antivirus in the personal student laptops
- Provide and manage access to Student portal (ITS student iEnabler)
- Provide and manage access to Student E-Learning support (Blackboard)
- Advisory and referral services to reputable service providers for procurement of laptops, tablets, and computer accessories
- Provision of a Computer Literacy program
IMPORTANT: All registered SMU students are required to make sure that, devices used on the network are properly protected by antivirus software, if you are uncertain about the protection of devices, please contact the STSS office for assistance. Additionally, it is the responsibility of students to back-up data before the STSS office provides support.
Opening Hours: 07H30 to 19H30
ICT Student Technical Support Services queries:
Tel: 012 521 5768/5988
Computer Literacy program enquiries:
Tel: 012 521 5649