- Situated opposite Itereleng Home for the Blind in Ga-Rankuwa. Situated exactly next to DR George Mukhari Academic Hospital
- It belongs to a University that is premier African University that trains in health care professionals with a health care sciences and natural sciences capital base, that no any other Radio Station possesses.
- The health care sciences and natural sciences expertise and the research expertise that reside within the university will be made accessible to communities.
- Its ongoing partnership with the National Department of Health and the Department of Higher Education and Training.
- Its continual engagements with the University’s four schools in relation to information to communities, the Schools are:
Oral Health Sciences / Health Care Sciences / Medicine / Pathology and Pre-Clinical Sciences
- Being the custodians of the Primary Health Care programme of the Department of Health.
- SMU FM is 24 hour station/service with its program line-up covering and catering for listeners of all ages, with the 40% type of music suited to variety of listeners. Our presenters are a true generational mix that will respond adequately to our all-age listener-ship demand.