The Student Counselling Division is known as the Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD). It provides students with guidance and counselling that is rendered by a registered educational psychologist. Guidance and counselling covers personal counselling and career counselling to ensure student academic success.
Services rendered on an individual basis to:
- Promote optimal adaptation to first-entering students throughout the year.
- Provide guidance and counselling to students on:
– career counselling
– stress management
– anger management
– grief counselling
- Render psycho-educational services to students who need it.
- Attend to urgent referrals from Student Support Referral Office.
- Provide support to students who consult voluntarily.
Other Life Skills:
Effective communication and
Clinical Pathology Building,
Basement, Room no. 022,
next to Dr George Mukhari Academic
Hospital small gate 9
Student consultation hours
Monday- Friday: 08h00 – 12h00;
and 13h00 – 16h00
Dr F. H. Nkabinde
Educational Psychologist/ Student Counsellor
Tel: (012) 521 3786
Ms L. Skhosana
Tel: 012 521 4225