1.2 You should read the terms and conditions carefully before accessing any website or participating in any chatroom, newsgroup, bulletin board, mailing list, transaction or other online forum of SMU.
1.3 By using these websites and/or online forums, you acknowledge that you have read these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by and comply with them.
1.4 These websites and online forums intends to provide users only with information regarding SMU and the services it offers.
1.5 Any persons wishing to use content from SMU website and online forums for commercial purposes may only do so with prior written permission from SMU.
- You may download, view and/or print content from the SMU website and it’s online forums for lawful purposes only.
- All moral rights of SMU and its employees, agents and students are reserved.
- Copyright © Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Molotlegi Street Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria ,Gauteng P O box 60 Medunsa 0204. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
Other Intellectual Property Rights
All content, trademarks and data on the SMU website and its online forums, including but not limited to, software, databases, text, graphics, icons, hyperlinks, private information, and designs are the property of or licensed to SMU, and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and agreements. Subject to the rights afforded to the user herein, all other rights to all intellectual property on the SMU websites and its online forums are explicitly reserved.
- You acknowledge and accept that the action to click on any specified links and/or buttons within the SMU websites may constitute an expression of intent or other statement.
- By using the SMU website and its online forums, or communicating with SMU by electronic means, the user consents and acknowledges that any and all agreements, notices, disclosures, or any other communications satisfy any legal requirement, including but not limited to the requirement that such communications should be “in writing”.
Changes And Amendments
- SMU explicitly reserves the right in its sole and total discretion to change and/or amend the information, prices and rates quoted as well as the terms and conditions in the SMU website and its online forums without any notice.
- SMU explicitly reserves the right in its sole and total discretion to change and/or amend the terms, conditions and notices under which the SMU websites and its online forums is offered, including but not limited to the charges associated with the use of the SMU websites and its online forums.
- SMU explicitly reserves the right in its sole and total discretion to change and/or amend any criteria or information set out in the SMU website and its online forums without prior notice.
Linking And Framing
- The SMU Web Site may contain links to other Web Sites (“Linked Sites”). The Linked Sites are not under the control of The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University and Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is not responsible for the contents of any Linked Site, including without limitation any link contained in a Linked Site, or any changes or updates to a Linked Site. The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any Linked Site. The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by The Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University of the site or any association with its operators.
- Any third party site may link to this web site provided that such a link is directed at the home page of official SMU web site. It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity or web site to link to any page other than the home page of the SMU web site, without the prior written approval of SMU.
- It is expressly prohibited for any person, business, entity, or web site to frame any page on this website, including the home page, in any way whatsoever, without the prior written approval of SMU.
Agreements In Terms Of Section 21 Of The Electronic Communications And Transactions Act
- No agreements shall be concluded merely by sending a data message to this web site or its owners. Valid agreements require an acknowledgement from the University.
- No e-mail message shall be deemed to have been received by the University until a response has been issued from the University. An automated response from the University shall not satisfy this requirement.
The use of search technology, such as “web-crawlers” or “web-spiders”, to search and gain information from this website is not permitted if such technology will result in slowing down this website’s server or copyright infringement of any data and information available from this website.
- These Terms and Conditions of Use constitute the entire agreement between SMU and the user of this web site. Any failure by SMU to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms and Conditions of Use shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- In the event that any term or condition of the use of this website is not fully enforceable or valid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall not be affected by such unenforceability or invalidity and shall remain enforceable and applicable.
Applicable And Governing Law
This website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa, and thus South African Law governs the use or inability to use this website and these terms and conditions.
In the event of any nature whatsoever arising between the parties on any matter provided for in, or arising out of this agreement, the South African law will apply and the appropriate courts of South Africa will have jurisdiction.
Refunds are subject to the terms and conditions of the specific programme you are enrolling for. Please contact the relevant department for more details
Online Payments: MyGate Payment Gateway
All online payments are processed by the MyGate Payment Gateway. Consumers may go to www.mygate.co.za to view MyGate’s security policies
Sefako Makgatho Health Science University chooses as their domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement the following addresses: Molotlegi Street, Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria, Gauteng.
The general contact details of the Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University are as follows:
Postal address: Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University, Registry, PO Box 60, Medunsa, 0204, South Africa
Physical Address: Molotlegi Street, Ga-Rankuwa, Pretoria, Gauteng
Tel: +27 (015) 521 4111
Fax: +27 (012) 560 0086