About Advocacy and Diversity
The Advocacy and Diversity division is responsible (manage and coordinate) but not limited to the following six (6) functions:
- International Students
- Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University International Student Organisation (SMUISO)
- International Scholarship and Research funding
- International collaborations and partnerships
- International exchange programme for staff and students of the University
- International relations
International Scholarships and Research funding
- Initiate and coordinate scholarships programmes of both staff and postgraduate students of the University, e.g Fulbright scholarship, Erasmus Mundus Scholarship, etc.
International Collaborations and Partnerships
- Initiate, maintain and manages international collaborations and partnerships,
- Facilitate and manages collaborative projects with international institutions and governments,
- Manage database of collaborations and partnerships within the University.
International Exchange Programmes for staff and students of the University
- Initiate and coordinate international scholarships programs of both staff and students of the University,
- Initiate, facilitate and manages opportunities for SMU staff and students to participate in exchange programs with our partner Universities abroad,
- Create and manage database of students on exchange programs,
- Coordinate welcome activities for students on exchange programs,
- Assist in arranging their accommodation on campus,
- Advises and assist students with immigration matters.
- Actively participate in the activities of International Education Association of South Africa (IEASA),
- Facilitate academic visits by staff into and out of the Sefako Makgatho Health Sceince University,
- Promote SMU at international conferences and workshops,
- Receive and entertain international visitors and delegations,
- Liaise/interact with international relations divisions of government departments and related institutions on matters of common interest.