The Department of Safety and Security at Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University aims to provide a safe environment on campus, including all residential areas.
The Safety and Security department in partnership with Ulwazi Protection Services proudly provide a 24 hour security service that includes the following:
- Access control entering the Campus and residences
- Operational Control Centre & CCTV monitoring on Campus 24hrs/day
- Issuing of access cards to staff, students and contractor workers
- Reaction vehicles with supervisors patrols 24hrs/day
- Case reporting, management and counselling to victims
- Crime investigation
- Medical Assistance: Campus
- Ambulance Service
- Special Events Management on Campus
- Always be alert and watchful and avoid isolated/ dark areas
- Lock your room and keep windows closed at all times
- Switch off appliances when not in use
- Do not lend your cellular or computers to strangers
- Do not leave valuable items next to open windows
- Report suspicious persons immediately to the Control Centre As Safety and Security department, we advise you to lead a balanced life, but always remember the reason for being at the University. We encourage you to abide by the University rules and regulations, and request your assistance in ensuring a safe University environment.
Safety and Security department
Safety and Security department encourages students to report crime and emergency situations to the Campus Control Centre
(012) 521-4139 / 4781 / 6100
Control Centre can also be contacted via the two way radio system, which is carried by all Security Officers.