Sports and Recreation
The Sport and Recreation Department provides students, staff and members of the nearby community an opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities. Our clubs affiliate and form part of national and community leagues.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Department of Sport and Recreation aims to:
- Develop the potential of student-athletes through the implementation of an evidence-based high performance programme.
- Develop student-athletes holistically through provision of an individualised academic support programme, including opportunities to engage with the broader community through participation in sport development projects.
- Offer a variety of competitive club sport, and recreational opportunities.
- Encourage all students and staff to participate in one or more of the sport, recreation and physical activity programmes.
- Administration of all registered Sports and Recreation Codes on Campus
- Training and Development of Athletes
- Multi-purpose gymnasium
- Provide students and staff opportunity to participate on a range of indoor and outdoor activities
- Mr. J.K Semono
- Ms. BV Sijora
- Mr. K Mokoka
- Ms. M.G Motshekga
Tel: 012 521 4185
Tel: 012 521 4184
- General Gym
- Karate Hall
- Squash Courts
- Bodybuilding Gymnasium
- Dance Hall
- Table Tennis Hall
- Basket Ball Courts
- Volley Ball Courts
- Football Stadium
- Football Fields