The Sport and Recreation Department provides students, staff and members of the nearby community an opportunity to participate in sport and recreational activities. Our clubs affiliate and form part of national and community leagues.
Sefako Makgatho Health Sciences University Department of Sport and Recreation aims to:
- Develop the potential of student-athletes through the implementation of an evidence-based high performance programme.
- Develop student-athletes holistically through provision of an individualised academic support programme, including opportunities to engage with the broader community through participation in sport development projects.
- Offer a variety of competitive club sport, and recreational opportunities.
- Encourage all students and staff to participate in one or more of the sport, recreation and physical activity programmes.
- Revamping and refurbishment of sport facilities
- Establishment of soccer academy
- Sport recruitment drive
- Health awareness programmes and campaigns
Mr. J.K Semono
Mr. O.J Seitshiro
Ms. M.G Motshekga
Tel: 012 521 4185