- L.H. Mabuza, L. Mason, and A.B. Ganiyu. An evaluation of the Syphilis screening program among pregnant women in Gaborone, Botswana: A five-year retrospective analysis. The open public health journal, 2017; 10: 117-125.
- Sone Van Der Walt, Frans J. Van Wijk, Zeelha Abdool, and Anna C. Oettle. The dorsal nerve of the clitoris in relation to urinary incontinence sling procedures. International Urogynecology Journal. 2017; 28: 119-123.
- Zach M. Koto, Fusi Mosai, and Oleh Y. Matsevych. The use of laparoscopy in managing penetrating thoracoabdominal injuries in Africa: 83 cases reviewed. World Journal of emergency surgery 2017; 12(27): 1-6.
- Marie Cecilia Le Roux and Anwar Ahmed Hoosen. Quantitative real-time polymerase chain reaction for the diagnosis of mycoplasma genitalium infection in South Africa men with and without symptoms of urethritis. Sexually transmitted diseases 2017; 44(1):18-21.
- Vally, M.Z. Koto and M. Govender. An investigation of diverticular disease among black patients undergoing colonoscopy at Dr George Mokhari Academic Hospital, Pretoria, South Africa. South African Medical Journal. 2017; 107(2):137-139.
- Oleh Yevhenovych Matsevych, Modise Zacharia Koto, and Colleen Aldous. Laparoscopic-assisted approach for penetrating abdominal trauma: A solution for multiple bowel injuries. International Journal of Surgeries 2017; 44:94-98.
- Govender I, K.B. Von Pressentin, R.J. Mash, L. Baldwin-Ragaven, R.P.G. Botha, and W.J. Steinberg. The birds-eye perspective: how do district health managers experience the impact of family physicians within the South African district health system? A qualitative study. South African Family Practice. 2017; 4(1):1-8.
- O.M. Maphasha, I. Govender, C. Barua, and D.P. Motloba. Use of the partogram by doctors and midwives at Odi District Hospital, Gauteng, South Africa. South African Family practice, 2017; 1(1):1-5.
- Wim Greeff, A. Reza Dehghan-Dehnavi, Jacobus Van Marle, Venous function after pharmacomechanical thrombolysis for extensive iliofemoral deep vein thrombosis. South African Journal of Radiology, 2017; 21(1):1-5.
- Zatu MC, van Rooyen JM, Kruger A and Schutte AE. Alcohol intake, hypertension development and mortality in black South Africans. European Journal of Preventive Cardiology 2016; 23(3): 308-315
- Govender I, Nel KA, and Sibuyi XM. An investigatio into alcohol use among female undergraduate psychology students at the University of Limpopo, South Africa. Journal of psychology 2017; 8(1): 43-53
SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
- Obstetric patients admitted to the intensive care unit of Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Ga-Rankuwa, South Africa. Southern African Journal of Critical Care 2017; 33(1): 12-14
Govender I, Steyn C, Maricowitz G, Clark CC and Tjale MC
- Southern African Journal of Infectious Diseases 2017; 1(1): 1-7
Mahlangu NP and Nyathi M
- Mahlangu NP and Nyathi M. Protocol for differentiated thyroid cancer management at Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital. Australasian Medical Journal 2017; 10(9): 759-764
- Nyathi M and Mahlangu NP. Investigation of different types of carcinomas among differentiated thyroid cancer patients managed in the in the Department of Nuclear Medicine at Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, South Africa; A five year retrospective study. Australasian Medical Journal 2017; 1(1): 1-7
- Mahlangu NP. Determination of optimum planar imaging parameters for small structures with diameters less than the resolution of the gamma camera. Iranian Journal of Medical Physics 2017; 14(4): 219-228
- Nyathi M and Sithole EM. Salivary glands scintigraphy with partial volume effects quantification: A phantom feasibility study. Australasian Medical Journal 2017; 10(9):752-758
- Gunshot wounds to the buttock and contralateral thigh presenting with intestinal injury without history of abdominal trauma. Case report. Trauma Case Reports 2017; 9: 42-44
Le Roux MC, Mafunise M, de Villiers BE and Ditsele RMM
- Antimicrobial susceptibility of Mycoplasma genitalium isolates from Pretoria, South Africa in 2012 and 2016. Southern African Journal of Infectious Diseases 2017; 4(1): 1-4
Nganase TR and Basson W
- Nganase TR and Basson W. Mother-and daughter-in-law relationship within a South African context: Influence of family systems. Journal of Psychology in Africa 2017; 27(6): 537-540
- Basson W and Essack FA. Neurobehavioural profile following cumulative mild traumatic brain injury in adolescent rugby players in South Africa. Journal of Psychology in Africa 2017; 27(6): 553-556
- Monama DD and Basson W. Looking in the mirror: The cultural experiences of patients diagnosed with schizophrenia. Pula: Botswana journal of African studies 2017; 31(2): 46-58
- Nganase TR and Basson W. Socio-cultural influences on the mother-and-daughter-in-law relationship within a South African context. Pula: Botswana journal of African studies 2017; 31(1): 65-89
Operario DJ, Platts-Mills JA, Nadan S, Page N, Seheri M, Mphahlele J, and team
- Journal of Infectious Diseases 2017; 216: 220-227
Jansen KE, Kocks DJ and Roberts H
- Healthcare risk waste and waste legislation in South Africa. Occupational Health Southern Africa 2017; 23(6): 15-17
Gikonyo JN, Nyangao J, Mbae C, Sang C, Njagi E, Ngeranwa, Esona M, Seheri ML, Gitau GW, Raini K and Kariuki S
- Molecular characterization of group A rotaviruses in Mukuru slums Kenya: detection of novel strains circulating in children below 5 years of age. BMC Research Notes 2017; 10(290)
McNeil RT, Penny CB and Hosie MJ
- Antiretroviral therapy and HIV-associated cancers: Anti-angiogenic effect of efavirenz on chick chorioallantoic membrane. Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 2017; 16(11): 2741-2747
Dochez C, Burnett JB, Musyoki A, Mbassi SM, Were F, Trovoada D and Mphahlele MJ
- Improving skills and institutional capacity to strengthen adolescent immunisation programmes and health systems in Africa countries through HPV vaccine introduction. Papillomavirus Research 2017; 4:66-71
Cazenave M, Braga J, Oettle A, Thackeray JF, de Beer F, Hoffman J, Endalamaw M, Radae BE, Puymerail L and Macchiarelli R
- Inner structural organization of the distal humerus in Paranthropus and Homo. Comptes Rendus – Palevol 2018; 16: 521-532
Gededzha MP, Mphahlele MJ, Blackard JT and Selabe SG
- Prevalence of NS5B resistance mutations in hepatitis C virus (HCV) treatment naïve South Africans. Hepatitis Monthly 2017; 17(6): 1-5
Nyo MTL, Magazi D and Ally MMTM
- Systemic lupus erythematosus: A possible cause of non-alcoholic wernicke’s encephalopathy. South African Medical Journal 2017, 107(4): 299-301
- Wiping away the tears of the ocean Ukusulaizinyembezizolwandle. Theoria: A Journal of Social and Political Theory 2017; 64(4): 22-57
Ndombo PK, Ndze VN, Fokunang C, Ashukem TN, Boula A, Kinkela MN, Ndode CE, Seheri ML, Bowen MD, Waku-Kouomou D and Esona MD
- Pre-vaccine circulating group a rotavirus strains in under 5 years children with accute diarrhea during 199-2013 in Cameroon. Virology 2017; 1(4): 1-13