Centre for Student Counselling and Development
The Student Counselling Division is known as the Centre for Student Counselling and Development (CSCD). It provides students with guidance and counselling that is rendered by a registered educational psychologist. Guidance and counselling covers personal counselling and career counselling to ensure student academic success.
Services rendered on an individual basis to:
- Promote optimal adaptation to first-entering students throughout the year.
- Provide guidance and counselling to students on:
– career counselling
– stress management
– anger management
– grief counselling
- Render psycho-educational services to students who need it.
- Attend to urgent referrals from Student Support Referral Office.
- Provide support to students who consult voluntarily.
Clinical Pathology Building,
Basement, Room no. 022,
next to Dr George Mukhari Academic
Hospital small gate 9
Student consultation hours
Monday- Friday: 08h00 – 12h00;
and 13h00 – 16h00
Dr F. H. Nkabinde
Educational Psychologist/ Student Counsellor
Tel: (012) 521 3786
Ms L. Skhosana
Tel: 012 521 4225
Other Life Skills:
- Decision making
- Conflict management
- Effective communication and
- Problem solving