The scope of practice involves interaction with other health professionals, families, care givers and communities. Physiotherapy also involves health education extending from the patient and care-givers to groups, such as health care workers in the community, industrial workers, school learners and teachers.
To be a leader in holistic evidence based physiotherapy education and research that will enable students to render quality health services locally and internationally to individuals, families, communities and population.
- Educating students to provide high quality professional Physiotherapy health care to individuals, families, communities and population.
- Develop and implement evidence based health care practice that will empower students to perform quality research in Physiotherapy.
- Develop a culture that will foster lifelong learning and scholarship.
- Collaborate and communicate in holistic inter-professional education, research and clinical practice that will benefit the community and contribute to body of knowledge the health professions.
- Produce a cadre of physiotherapists with transformative leadership capacity to analyse, identify and address the health needs of the individual, family, community and population.
- Create an environment that supports /fosters innovation and harnesses the power of new technologies to address the educational and health needs of the community.